Stinky day full of ick but we still need to find gratitude where we can…
1. I am so grateful for my co-workers. They are the only people who I can truly commiserate with during weeks like this.
2. I am thankful for driving home with the tunes cranked LOUD.
3. I am thankful for the nice pharmacist who helped me pick out cough syrup. I don’t why a cold turns me into a blubbering fool but she was gentle and sweet and it was truly what I needed.
4. Thank you AGAIN to Shelly and Randy who did yet another Costco run for the germy, tired Richard. You are seriously amazing friends.
5. Super extra gratitude and love to my hubby who got me a sweet little gifty to say sorry for giving me all his germs.
Monday is always the hardest day at my work, not in a Garfield “oh crap it’s Monday” kind of way but in high call volume, cranky customer, no rest for the wicked kind of way. I often have to look a little harder for Gratitude on a Monday, but not today.
1. I am grateful that Gil and I took the time to get up and leave the house a bit early so we could have breakfast together.
2. A quiet lunch break away from my desk with a bowl of soup and my book.
3. A wonderful dinner with my good friend Shelly at Piatto. I had The Stephanie, the Tortino al Dulce de Leche and an espresso. It was seriously one of the best meals I have had in a long time!
4. Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknow. Damn this is some good TV
5. Planting my spring seedlings!! Oh man I can’t wait to see these grow!!
Well it is Sunday, another weekend done MUCH too soon but I am not without my thanks.
1. I am grateful that I got the opportunity to get some extra sleep today. Most mornings when I get up I can’t fall back asleep but this morning I had a pee, took the dogs out for their pee and gave the cats some food so they would leave me alone and I was able to go back to sleep for three more hours.
2. I am thankful for the beautiful breakfast I made this morning. French toast made with challah bread, cinnamon and vanilla, Belly bacon from Getaway Farm. Yummmm I am drooling now.
3. I am grateful for the recipe that almost went terribly wrong but in the end turned out amazing. I was making these muffins when I discovered that my muffin pans were MIA. So we had blackberry cake. C’est Le Vie.
4. I am thankful for at art of Georgia O’Keeffe
5. I am grateful for the gorgeous Maharaja chai oolong tea from Teavana. It is so yummy and it makes me feel so relaxed. I don’t even care that I just spilled half of it on my pillow.
One cannot help but be filled is gratitude on a sunny Saturday in Spring but let’s narrow it down.
1. I am so grateful for a wonderful trip to the market this morning with Sara. It was a perfect morning, good coffee, warm pastries, fresh bread, amazing bacon and these beauties…
2. I am grateful that it was nice enough today that I could put my bedding out on the line to air out.
Right now I am laying in bed wrapped in these blankets and they smell SO DAMN GOOD!
3. I am grateful that I can go to the grocery store and buy the food I want or need for the coming days. I am thankful I never have to worry about where my next meal is coming from and I don’t have to compromise quality.
4. I am grateful for my friends being so understanding that Gil and I cancelled our plans YET again. We have had to bail a lot lately and that really sucks. But my poor sweetie is sick and he and his germs need to stay in bed and rest. When I cancelled no one was huffy or put out, they simply sent best wishes for Gil. I have such great friends.
5 I am thankful for my beautiful dining room, clean, new table cloth and pretty flowers. It is perfection!
Oh boys and girls TGIF!! It was a long LONG week!
1. Thanks for the SPCA fundraiser at work with the cute puppy for snuggling.
2. Thanks left over Chinese food for lunch.
3. Thanks for the dogs LOVING their new food. I love it when they are happy.
4. Thanks for a fun night playing Arkham Horror with Gil, Randy, Sara and Jay. We beat Cthulhu! Go team!
5. Thanks the awesome nachos I made for dinner, quick, easy and yummy. What more can a girl ask for?
1. I am seriously grateful for my wonderful sweet co-worker friend Charlotte who always brightens my day. Today she was extra special and took my tea to the working upstairs microwave because I am too chicken to up the scary stairs at work.
2. I am thankful for the awesome moment I had walking to the ferry terminal after work. I was kind of in a cranky mood when out of no where White Snake’s ‘Here I go again’ came on. I didn’t even know I owned the song. It caused me to to laugh and to strut a little.
3. I am grateful my husband ran out to get us a replacement bottle to Robitussin so we have half a chance of getting some sleep tonight.
4. I am grateful for time spent planning my garden this evening. I am brimming with plans and excited to get started.
5. I am thankful that on my walk from the bus stop to home I got to see THIS…
I was tired today, up too late last night, still doing battle with the evil germs. I didn’t want to get out of bed, but I am a grown up so I did and you know what? I am happy that I did. I had a nice day!
1. I am grateful to my husband for my morning caffeination.
2. I am grateful for my nephew Kian who did good today, buying groceries, contributing to the household.
3. I am thankful for a fun evening geeking out with M, F & J who we haven’t seen in many long weeks.
4. I am grateful for the very yummy shawarma dinner from Mezza and a cold beer from Garrison.
5. I am grateful for the nerdy conversation I had at bed time with my husband while I was trying to level up my character. Yeah we are nerds! Yeah we love it!!!