Happily (exhaustedly) watching episode 4. I am very pleased to say I still love this!
I felt okay about my list of failures because I am a secure human but I am REALLY excited to bring you my list of successes!
2. I am going to drink less pop but MORE good coffee and good booze. Again, life is short and awesome.
I still drink pop. but the goal was LESS. I stopped buying it to have in the house (except I did buy some for Christmas), now I buy 500 ml bottles as a treat or have pop when I am out.
4. I am going to get a massage every month. They aren’t that expensive and my medical covers most of it. Why the hell not?
Oh man, this was definitely one of my favorite accomplishments this year. I can’t tell you how much I look forward to this one hour a month.
6. I am going to read LOADS. Mark D suggested a book a week. I am not sure I can keep that pace but it won’t hurt to try
I didn’t read as much as I planned, and I didn’t blog everything because I got a little lazy but I did squeeze in 16 books this year.
10. I am going do things that make me feel pretty. Wear nice clothes, put on some lipstick, paint my nails. Not because I have to meet some societal norm but because when I feel pretty my confidence soars and I can do anything.
This year I bought make up and pretty clothes and I wore both of them and you know what? I felt great!
12.I want to eat breakfast every day. We have been hearing it for years, it is the most important meal of the day. I am home now, I have time to eat before work so I should be fueling up on good stuff.
Toast and oatmeal might not be that creative but damn if it doesn’t get the job done!
13. I am going to be more creative. Paint, scrap, glue, write, whatever it is I just need to get my creative juices flowing.
14. I am going to continue to discard the crap. There is so much unnecessary stuff in our home. You can’t organize clutter and stuff is just stuff, not a memory
The great September purge was a total success!
15. I am going, with the help of my awesome husband and our friends and family, finish the damn basement. This is a project that has been in the making for too long. There is great space down there and we are not using it to it’s fullest potential and that is just dumb.
Okay so it’s only 90% done but dammit I am putting this one in the win column.
16. I am going to patch and paint (the same colour, ’cause I love it) the dining room wall. It is an awful mess so instead of looking at is and feeling bad I am going to do something about it.
It looks great. I can’t wait to get the art up!
19. I am going to use my juicer. I have this big beautiful contraption I never use. That needs to change. I am not going to do a juice diet or anything, but I am going to make us juice because there is no sense in owning something like that and not using it.
The juicer now lives with someone else. LOL
20. I am going to dance. In the kitchen, in the living room, in the aisles of the store, where ever the mood takes me. I am going to dance because I love to.
21. I am going to get new ink. I have been talking about several pieces I have wanted for a long time now and it is time to get off the pot.
I love my new tattoo, it is so beautiful.
22. I am going to take LOTS of pictures. I love my camera, being out with it makes me happy so I am going to try another 365 project or something of the like.
Oh yeah, nailed it!
23. I am going to watch less TV. I have fallen into a bad habit and sitting in front of the laptop with netflix has taken up way too much of my life. I am aiming to watch no more than 10 hours a week.
Okay so I watched a lot of TV but I did take a 3 month break with no TV at all. It was really good.
24. I am going to stop being disappointed that I am not Martha Stewart. My house is never going to look like Better Homes and Gardens. That is not who I am, that is not who Gil and I are as a family. Our house gets messy but in the end it away gets cleaned up, stressing over it is foolish.
25. I need need to practice compassion in my day to day life, with my friends and family, with my co-workers and customers, with strangers in the street and also with myself.
27. I want to have girls nights. I have amazing girl friends. We should spend more time together.
Girl nights, girl lunches, girl limo trips even girls weekends away!
31. I want to nap more. I have to stop seeing it as a waste of time. Maybe it is a luxury but it is one I deserve to indulge in.
Oh I have fully embraced the nap! I have one about once a week!
34. Don’t buy things for the sake of buying them, I want purchases to be something I really love, really want and well thought out.
With a few odd exceptions I did really we at this.
43. I want to take a class, or two, or ten. Cooking, self defense. Something, anything that gets me learning.
I really enjoyed the classes I took. I hope to take more next year.
45. I want to make preserves. Every year I see recipes for pickles and jams and I think “I could do that!” and this year it the year I see it through
I made jam!
46. I want to burn my candles. I have so many candles and wax warmers and they sit getting dusty. I love candle light, it is so romantic and it always sparks my creativity (pun intended).
48. I want to re-watch all 10 seasons of Friends. There are 236 30 minute episodes so I can watch one a day and still keep in my reduced TV time.
50. I want to give both my money and my time to charity this year. It is easy to sit and make a donation but is not as gratifying as getting out there and getting involved.
51. I want to be a great wife. Gil spent a large part of 2014 taking care of me and keeping things on an even keel and I want to invest my time and energy on showing him how much I value what he has done for me and our family.
Well we aren’t divorced. HA!
53. I want to spend time with children. Just because I don’t have kids doesn’t mean I don’t like them. I want to spend fun time with Chloe, Logan, Dylan, Lennox, Oliver, Seumas, Kilei, Brooklyn, Vienna and all the other adorable small humans we know.
54. I want to have EVENTS. They don’t have to be big and grand but some times it is nice to put the effort in for stuff with your pals. Valentines day, Pancake day, Cinco De Mayo, S’mores, whatever, let’s just party!
We had SO much fun with BBQ’s and fires and cookie baking and big parties. It was FUNtastic!
58. I want to FINALLY make all the knobs and pulls in the kitchen match. We have three different styles, two of which I got halfway through installing and quit.
So glad to have this done!
61. I want to write more. I have tried and failed at NANOWRIMO a few times now, so I want to try instead to spend months working a a story rather than weeks. I love writing and I think one day I could actually write something good if I keep at it
62. I want to learn to make Corey’s chicken dip. I drooled on the keyboard at just the mention of it.
I had a great date with Corey and now I make great dip!
66. I want to do something special for my husband for our anniversary but I want to plan ahead. I don’t want to throwing the something together at the 11th hour like I usually do.
We had an amazing time and he was super surprised!
68. I want to do some real star gazing. Go out on dark clear nights, maybe borrow a telescope and look at the amazing masterpiece that is the night sky.
70. I want to make something out of wood. With my hands and tools.
I made Christmas ornaments and they were beautiful!
78. I want to go swimming LOTS. I only got to go once in 2014 and I left totally robbed. Nothing says summer like me and Aimee swimming at the river.
80. I want to decorate for Halloween, I have all the stuff I just need to put the effort in. If I don’t use it we don’t need to keep it.
Our house looked great!
81. I want to decorate for Christmas. The last two years I have been totally half assed about it. Same as above. If I am not going to use it then it has to go.
Our house looks SUPER great!
82. I need to start using my calendar and getting Gil to try and do the same. I can’t count how many times things got missed or double booked because they didn’t make it to the calendar. It’s not a hard task and it saves time, energy and hurt feelings.
There was MUCH less double booking this year. Not perfect but much better!
83. I want to Blog more. I don’t know if anyone even reads what I write but I feel like it really helps me to process what is going on in my life, drives to me keep goals and gives me a creative outlet.
What am I doing RIGHT now??! YEAH!
85 I want to do something fun and funky with my hair. I have had a safe brown pony tail for way too long. It is time to try and shake things up. Worst case scenario I hate it, so what? Hair grows.
86. I want to buy myself a pair of cool boots. I love boots.
I friggin’ love my boots!
95. I want to get to know my neighbours. We have been here 6.5 years and I couldn’t tell you the name of the people who live on either side of me. That is just wrong and this year I am going to fix it.
I am so glad I got to know my neighbours better. They are great!
96. I am going to help my husband grow us business ambitions. It is going to be a busy year but I want him to keep up with his skulduggery and I will do whatever needs doing to help with that.
I would like to say I helped by being so cool and laid back. If you believe that I have some a bridge in London to sell you…
98. I want to continue to purge toxic people from my life so I can surrounded my with good, kind, loving people.
I actually am very proud of some choices I made in this area of my life.
99. I want to keep dreaming big because when you stop then you get old and boring.
100. I want to keep being awesome because even though I can always be and do better, I like who I am. I like my life and I am happy to be where I am!
Damn yo! I AM super cool!!
Holy cow it’s not Christmas eve. This is the first year in memory that Gil and I have had ZERO plans. I am on call and the weather is crap so I worked until 7pm. I have a ton of stuff to get done for tomorrow but I don’t care. For dinner we have meat pie from Humble Pie, Gee’s mom’s homemade samosas and festive KD. Yes you read that correctly.
Now Gil and I are in bed watching Lethal Weapon, the most Christmasy movie of all. HOHOHO